The American Board of Hypnotherapy is widely considered to be the preeminent international organization for Hypnotherapists.
The American Board of Hypnotherapy, was founded in 1882 by Dr. A.M. Krasner. Originally named the California Council of Hypnotherapy, the membership has grown and has a membership of over 4000 professionals, located all over the world. US members are able to utilize the ABH Liability Insurance Program.
The primary purposes of the American Board of Hypnotherapy are: –
- To promote the recognition of hypnotherapy as a separate and distinct profession.
- To promote the recognition of hypnotherapy as a viable therapeutic modality.
- To promote the elimination, and oppose the imposition, of prejudicial and/or limiting legislation affecting the use of hypnosis.
- To register, on a voluntary basis, persons who use hypnosis in their professional practices and persons offering their services as professional hypnotists and/or Hypnotherapists.
- To certify, on a voluntary basis, persons who use hypnosis in their professional practices and persons offering their services as professional hypnotists and/or Hypnotherapists.
- To publish a directory of persons registered and certified and to refer them to anyone seeking help through hypnosis.
- To provide continuing education programs in hypnosis and related topics.
- To maintain a speakers bureau that will provide lecturers to the general public and other interested parties.
- To maintain a Public Information Office that will provide information to the general public and other interested parties.
- To publish and distribute to the membership a quarterly journal containing articles, stories, methods, uses and related information pertaining to the use of hypnotherapy.
- To provide a network which will allow professionals to share their experiences with ABH members.
The international headquarters is located at PO Box 531605, Henderson, NV, USA. 888-823-4823 or 702-456-3267 e-mail
ABH Hypnotherapy certification is an option available to delegates of our training because our Advanced Communication Skills and our NLP training exceed the requirements for Hypnotherapy certification from ABH.